View the options below and on the left to learn more about Financial Aid Programs currently available at Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing:

Federal Pell Grants

For students who have not earned a baccalaureate degree or first professional degree. Eligibility is determined from the information you submit on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Part-time students are also eligible for these funds on a prorated basis.

Effective on July 1, 2012, you can receive the Federal Pell Grant for no more than 12 semesters or the equivalent:

For more detailed information on eligiblity and how to apply for the Federal Pell Grant, visit

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant

Additional gift assistance awarded to undergraduate students who also qualify for the Pell Grant, FSEOG is available to students who would not be able to attend School without this assistance. Funds are limited and awarded on a "first come" and "highest need" basis. These funds are also available to part-time students.

For more detailed information on eligibility and how to apply for the FSEOG, visit

Federal Work Study (FWS)

The Federal Work-Study Program provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work.

Since Federal Work-Study is a campus-based program, funding is limited and this type of assistance usually goes to the earliest applicants with the highest need. Funds may become available throughout the year as students do not work their full amount of eligibility.

Federal Work-Study jobs are available on campus and off campus If you work on campus, you'll work for the college. If you work off campus, your employer will usually be a private nonprofit organization or a public agency, and the work performed must be in the public interest.

Students earn at least the current federal minimum wage, but the amount might be higher depending on the type of work you do and the skills required. Your total Federal Work-Study award depends on when you apply, your level of need, and the funding level of your school.

The amount you earn can't exceed your total Federal Work-Study award. When assigning work hours, your employer and/or the Work-Study Coordinator will consider your class schedule and your academic progress.

Federal Direct PLUS Loan (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students)

PLUS Loans are made to parents (natural or adoptive) of a dependent undergraduate student enrolled at least half-time. Applicants must pass a credit check, or secure a creditworthy endorser. The yearly limit on a PLUS Loan is equal to the cost of attendance minus any other financial aid received. The borrower is responsible for all interest that accrues on the loan from the first disbursement. Funds are disbursed in two or more installments, and repayment begins within 60 days of the last disbursement.

Private Grants and Scholarships

Please refer to the Student Catalog/Handbook for more information regarding other Grants or Scholarships available through the College.

Veteran Educational Benefits

Students eligible to receive veteran's educational benefits must complete the appropriate forms to receive benefits. Once the appropriate forms are completed, the Registrar will certify enrollment with the Veteran's Administration. Students are required to notify the Registrar when courses are added or dropped.