COVID-19 is a rapidly changing situation. Keeping our students, faculty and staff safe, healthy and informed is our top priority. We continue to be diligent in updating our FAQ, resources and support for the BSMCON community in this difficult and unprecedented time. Your questions help to inform our FAQ and we welcome your inquiries and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is the College open?
Yes; Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing will continue to operate during regular business hours.
Are students allowed to come on campus for the Fall 2022 semester?
Yes. The building is fully open to students beginning August 15 under the following guidelines:
- All members of the campus community will continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms prior to coming to campus where they will be required to attest to continual self-monitoring of the following symptoms prior to entering a building:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- All faculty, staff, students, and visitors while within campus facilities should:
- Wear a surgical procedural mask in public areas of the building. Faculty may remove masks when teaching in a classroom or lab setting as long as a distance of 6 feet is maintained at all times between the faculty and the students.
- Practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet from other people whenever possible.
- Avoid gathering in groups unless for established classes and/or meetings.
Please refer to the Student Communication that was sent on July 26, 2022.
Where can I find reliable information on COVID-19?
Reliable COVID-19 information can be found on the Vaccine and Coronavirus Resources webpage.
How can I access the library?
The library is open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m. and Fridays from 7:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m. The College Librarian is available in the Learning Commons Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m. If you need library support, the College Librarian is available in person or by email, Zoom or phone to offer library services. She can be reached at (804) 627-5340 or by email: email@example.com.
Is there a resource to contact if I am feeling anxious about the COVID-19 situation?
If you are experiencing increased anxiety related to COVID-19 or if you need individual confidential counseling, please call StudentLife® tool free anytime 1-855-695-2818. You can also visit StudentLifeServices.com or text “hello” to 61295. Services provided by StudentLIfe are free. .
What should I do if I'm not getting text messages from the College with important updates?
Please update your Student Portal Account to ensure we have your most recent and accurate contact information.
How are student organizations operating during the Fall 2022 semester?
Student organizations are active. Each organization will communicate with their members regarding meeting dates/time and location.
How is the College keeping students, faculty and staff informed?
Direct communications will be sent to the College community as needed and posted to the College's COVID-19 webpage.
How is Bon Secours Mercy Health involved in planning and response?
Bon Secours Mercy Health continues to monitor COVID-19. Please visit the Bon Secours Monitoring Coronavirus page for more information.
Is there a number or email I can use to ask questions?
Please call (804) 627-5300 or send an email to COVID-19 Response if you have additional concerns or questions.