The librarian will be onsite in the Learning Commons/Library every Monday from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. to assist you in person during your scheduled visit. As always, please feel free to contact the librarian for research help, full text articles, Athens assistance and general questions by phone, email, or virtual meeting, during her normal office hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Visiting the Library
- Students, faculty and staff may visit the library on Mondays by advance reservation only. Users are limited to one 30-minute booking on Mondays.
- Please make a reservation using the Study Room Sign Up link located halfway down this page for Computer/Library Use, Study Room One or Study Room Two. Study Room Three is closed for the Fall 2020 semester. The other two study rooms each have a computer you may use as part of your study room reservation. The occupancy limit for these two rooms is one person.
To meet social distancing guidelines, the Learning Commons occupancy limit is 8 people at a time. Please do not enter the Learning Commons if you do not have a reservation. The Learning Commons/Library is open on Mondays for computer use, printing and copying (we are transitioning to a pay-per-copy model), studying and library book use.
- Library users are responsible for using provided disinfectant wipes to sanitize computer stations and study room desks after each use.
Library users will not handle regular-collection books without assistance, including browsing, reading and checking out. Please ask the librarian to assist you.
Reserve collection of required textbooks and other high-use books
Users will use the hand sanitizer provided in the library before handling Reserve collection books and may make copies from these if desired.
You are encouraged to request print books in advance by emailing the librarian at email@example.com.
- The librarian will check the book out to you and it will be available for pickup through the College’s front desk for three weekdays, after which time the book will be checked in and reshelved if not picked up.
- The checkout period is 2 weeks. There are no renewals. Please return books to the bin located in the lobby at the College’s front entrance. Returned books will be quarantined for COVID-19 for a minimum of 72 hours. You will need to return any overdue books on your library record before checking out additional books.
- The checkout limit is three books at a time. You can search the library catalog at any time, here. The library name is BSMCON and you do not need to enter a password.
In-person book checkouts on Mondays: Please bring books to the librarian’s office for checkout. You will receive an email confirming the checkout and noting the due date.
Ebooks in the library collection are available 24/7 by searching by title for Books, in the Ovid Discovery electronic database accessed via your Open Athens login. Please feel free to contact the librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help. The following required textbooks and high-use books are available as part of the large ebook collection. Most BSMCON ebooks allow one user to access at a time:
- Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses
- Essentials for Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment for Nursing Practice
- Maternal Newborn Nursing Care Plans (Green, Carol, 3rd ed.)
- Med-Surg Success
- Mosby’s Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests
- Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Pediatric Success
- Role Development in Professional Nursing Practice
- Servant Leadership in Nursing: Spirituality and Practice in Contemporary Healthcare
- Spirituality in Nursing: Standing on Holy Ground
Additional free ebooks are also available through other sources. Contact your librarian to learn more.
Contact the Library
Tina Metzger, College Librarian
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Library Website https://www.bsmcon.edu/library