We're here to answer your questions!
- Talk with an admissions representative
- Request a transfer evaluation
- Visit the campus
- Please complete this form for more information. REQUEST INFORMATION
Ready to apply? Complete the Online Application
Flexible, Quality Education for Today's Professionals.
Registered nurses who have earned their bachelor’s degrees are in demand in hospitals around the country. Research shows that nurses who hold bachelor’s degrees excel at critical thinking and have improved patient outcomes.
The College welcomes registered nurses from all hospitals and care settings, particularly nurses employed at Bon Secours hospitals who wish to obtain their bachelor’s degree.
100 Percent Online
Our RN to BSN program is designed for the working registered nurse and provides the flexibility of earning your BSN 100 percent online. There are no class meetings, and all work is completed online, allowing you to maintain your work schedule and personal time.
Unlike other online RN to BSN programs, BSMCON offers complete flexibility – most students take two courses per semester and finish in two years, but students can create a schedule that works best for them, taking just one class at a time and up to four years to complete the program. Students also do not have to wait for required courses to be offered – all courses are offered each semester.
Is online learning right for you? Click HERE for more information.
- Spring Term: Apply by Nov. 1
- Fall Term: Apply by June 15
RN to BSN online program admission requirements
The RN to BSN online program requires applicants to have graduated from an accredited college or university; either diploma or associate degree. Applicants must have a valid unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the U.S.
Applicants need to have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or greater for the general education course requirement.
General Education Requirements
- Guaranteed admission to all applicants that meet the following requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university; either diploma or associate degree.
- Provision of official transcripts from high school, high school diploma or GED program certificate and all post-secondary schools/colleges/universities attended.
- Achievement of a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or greater in the general education course requirement.
- Valid unrestricted license to practice registered nursing in the U.S.
- Complete a minimum of 24 of the 46 required general education credits (refer to policy ADM 2.07) to include:
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Microbiology (3-4 credits)
- Anatomy & Physiology (6-8 credits)
- College Math (3 credits) – Statistics Recommended
- English Comp I & II
- If fewer than 46 credits are completed prior to admission, the student must take the remaining credits of general education at BSMCON. Any exceptions to general education credits as outlined by the Cluster Model (refer to policy ADM 2.07) are at the discretion of the Program Chair and Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- From all schools attended including high school and any courses you are currently taking—even though the grades may not yet available.
- View Official Transcript instructions here.
The remainder of the program consists of:
- 41 credits of prior learning as a registered nurse, which you will be granted upon completion of NUR 3209
- 33 credits of online nursing education and general education courses taken with BSMCON
Benefits of our RN to BSN program
- Ability to log on to courses any time of the day, giving you flexibility to continue your work and personal activities
- Full- or part-time schedule options resulting in completion of the BSN degree in as few as three semesters
- Access to faculty through email, online office hours and video chat
- Dedicated student success advisor that provides learning resources to help students make the shift from traditional classroom instruction to web-based education
Incentives for Bon Secours Employees
- Bon Secours’ Human Resources Department currently offers 100% paid tuition and fees for Bon Secours employees (full-time, part-time and PRN status) who agree to work as a Registered Nurse for a minimum of 18 months after successful completion of the program. For more information visit this page: Bon Secours Mercy Health employees.
*The College of Nursing is licensed and operates in the Commonwealth of Virginia and is also approved under NC-SARA. Admission to the College is limited, and the College only accepts students from (i) states in which the College is registered/licensed, (ii) states for which no registration/licensure is required, and (iii) states that are members of NC-SARA. If you have questions about distance education or NC-SARA, please contact Dr. Catherine Mikelaites or visit our SARA page for more information.