The purpose of a consortium agreement is to allow Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing (BSMCON) students to take courses at another college and have those courses count toward their financial aid eligibility at BSMCON. All courses taken at another college MUST relate to your degree at BSMCON. Consortium agreements are done on a semester-by-semester basis for each student.
Sequential Steps in the Process:
- Decide which course(s) to take at the Host School.
- Register for the courses at Host School.
- Enter Host courses into BSMCON SONIS registration.
- BSMCON Office of Financial Aid sends Host School Consortium Agreement.
- Host School Completes Consortium Agreement and returns to Home School.
- Host courses used to determine financial aid eligibility.
- At the end of the semester, request official transcripts from Host School to be sent to the Registrar's Office at BSMCON.
Please Note: Unfortunately we do not have a way to send your aid to the host school. So, you are responsible for paying for the tuition and books at the host school from your own funds
(EXCEPTION: J. Sargent Reynolds – Students may flag their account). Your aid will be disbursed at Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing and you can reimburse yourself from that aid if there are additional funds remaining once your BSMCON tuition/fees and book charges have been paid.
The table below lists the people involved in the Consortium Process and their responsibilities:
|BSMCON Financial Aid Staff||