Our alumni have had amazing careers and are continually making strides in the health care field. Here, we tell their stories and highlight their accomplishments. Alumni news is shared on the College website, social media, and through the On Track Newsletter that is sent every semester to students, faculty and staff. Take a look at the what our alumni have been up to below!
Alumni Edition Newsletter Archive
- Alumni Spotlight: Mother and Son Share a Passion for Nursing
- Beverly Franklin and her son, Christian Craft, both have a passion for nursing. Both are graduates of the nursing program that has been part of our fabric since 1961. Franklin graduated from our predecessor Richmond Memorial Hospital School of Nursing and Craft earned his nursing diploma from Bon Secours Memorial School of Nursing before the school transitioned to a baccalaureate degree granting college.
- Alumni Spotlight: Alumni Reunion Update and Class Notes
- The classes of 1972 and 1976 from Richmond Memorial Hospital School of Nursing are planning reunions for fall 2022.
- Alumni Spotlight: Mothers and Daughters in Nursing
- As Mother’s Day approaches, we pay tribute to moms, stepmoms and those women who are like a mother - including many Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing (BSMCON) alumni - who care for both their patients and their families.
- Alumni Spotlight: Alumni Class Notes
- Susan Schall Walker - Class of 1972; Melony Diamond Champion - Class of 1986; Mirna Shaban - Class of December 2020
- Alumni Spotlight: The Career of a Lifetime: Bonnie Peatross, MS, RN
- This Richmond Memorial School of Nursing graduate has followed her heart and her passport across the globe to serve others. From Richmond, Virginia to Italy and Nepal — this registered nurse has kept it interesting for five decades. This is her story.
- Alumni Spotlight: Alumni Relations Hosts Class Reunions
- The Alumni Relations team hosted two milestone class reunions in October for alumni from the Richmond Memorial Hospital School of Nursing.
- Alumni Spotlight: Focus on Pediatric Nursing
- Brittney Hyman, Class of December 2017, is a registered nurse at St. Mary’s Hospital in the Pediatric Emergency Department. She shares her journey as a nurse in this Q&A that was featured in our Fall 2021 newsletter, On Track.
- Following Footsteps: Mothers and Daughters in Nursing
- This Mother's Day, we pay tribute to the women who've created opportunities for their families. Read about alumni and mother-daughter duo Terry Harver, RN and Lesha Harver Cawley, RN as we celebrate mothers, grandmothers and maternal figures.
- Alumni Spotlight: Focus on Critical Care Nurses
- BSMCON alumni Justin Knapp and Keeley Dugan share their experiences as critical care nurses.
- Alumni Spotlight: Mental Health Nurses
- Cameron Reynolds, BSN, RN, 2017, is a registered nurse at Richmond Community Hospital on the behavioral health unit. He shares his journey as a nurse in the mental health field in this alumni spotlight feature.
- Alumni Spotlight: School Nurses
- Catch up with our alumni and learn about their experiences in the school nursing field.
- Alumni Spotlight: Nursing Profile on Forensic Science
- To focus a spotlight on October as National Domestic Violence Month, the Office of Alumni Relations for the Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing reached out to two of the College’s alumni, who are helping to advance the profession of Forensic Nursing locally and around the globe to ask them to share their stories