- Talk with an admissions representative
- Request a transfer evaluation
- Visit the campus
- Please complete this form for more information. Request information
Ready to apply? Complete the Online Application
The convenience of online. The support of Bon Secours.
Registered nurses who have earned their bachelor’s degrees are in demand in hospitals around the country. Research shows that nurses who hold bachelor’s degrees excel at critical thinking and have improved patient outcomes.
The College welcomes registered nurses from all hospitals and care settings, particularly nurses employed at Bon Secours hospitals who wish to obtain their bachelor’s degree.
100 Percent Online
Our RN to BSN program is designed for the working registered nurse and provides the flexibility of earning your BSN 100 percent online. There are no class meetings, and all work is completed online, allowing you to maintain your work schedule and personal time.
Unlike other online RN to BSN programs, BSMCON offers complete flexibility – most students take two courses per semester and finish in two years, but students can create a schedule that works best for them, taking just one class at a time and up to four years to complete the program. Students also do not have to wait for required courses to be offered – all courses are offered each semester.
Is online learning right for you? Click HERE for more information.
- Spring Term: Apply by Nov. 1
- Summer Term: Apply by April 1
- Fall Term: Apply by June 15
For Applicants with an RN licensure only:
- 46 credits of general education courses required prior to entry:
- Intro to Psych (Principles of Psychology or General Psychology)
- Developmental Psychology (Life Span Development)
- Microbiology (we will accept BIO 150)
- English I & II
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- Elective: 3 or more credits from Cluster 1
- Elective: 3 or more credits from Cluster 2
- Elective: 3 or more credits from Cluster 4
- Plus additional credits to equal 46 prerequisite credits (from any cluster)
For applicants with bachelor's degree in unrelated field:
- Human Growth & Development (3 cr.)
- Microbiology (4 cr.)
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (6-8 cr.)
- Statistics (3 cr.)
The remainder of the program consists of:
- 41 credits of prior learning as a registered nurse, which you will be granted upon completion of NUR 3209
- 33 credits of online nursing education and general education courses taken with BSMCON
Benefits of our RN to BSN program
- Ability to log on to courses any time of the day, giving you flexibility to continue your work and personal activities
- Full- or part-time schedule options resulting in completion of the BSN degree in as few as three semesters
- Access to faculty through email, online office hours and video chat
- Dedicated Student Success Advisor that provides learning resources to help students make the shift from traditional classroom instruction to web-based education
Incentives for Bon Secours Employees
- 20 percent tuition discount
*The College of Nursing is licensed and operates in the Commonwealth of Virginia and is also approved under NC-SARA. Admission to the College is limited, and the College only accepts students from (i) states in which the College is registered/licensed, (ii) states for which no registration/licensure is required, and (iii) states that are members of NC-SARA. If you have questions about distance education or NC-SARA, please contact Julie Marsh at (804) 627-5308 or visit our SARA page for more information.