The technology requirements below are required for students in the RN to BSN track and BSN track. All students are expected to have basic skills using Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint; email; saving attachments, and transferring files. Internet access is required to participate in online components for any course. All students will be issued a BSMCON email account once accepted into the program.
Students seeking assistance should contact Bon Secours / Mercy Help Desk at 833-MY1HELP (833-691-4357) available 24 hours/7 days a week.
- ADS issues, iAspire, ConnectCare - anything related to bshsi.org; however for RN-BSN students work-related issues should be pursued through your department tickets
- Anything in depth for CampusNexus will receive a ticket number and be directed to College IT support staff
- Network connectivity issues - CONGuest, etc. - EISSC will contact the appropriate support staff.
NOTE: EISSC will create Symphony tickets for all calls; the ticket number should be referenced for any follow-up contact.
Students seeking Blackbelt Help Desk support should call (804) 340-7914, available 24 hours/7 days a week.
- CampusNexus - instructions to access portal
- Blackboard - first level support, password resets, etc. Anything in depth for Blackboard will be directed to College IT support staff
- Office 365 - all levels of support will be provided by Backbelt
- Password resets, access issues - anything related to bsmcon.edu
- All other College applications - all levels of support will be provided by Blackbelt with the cooperation of the College business owners.
NOTE: Blackbelt creates a ticket in-house so they can track the progress and resolution of all calls. The ticket number should be referenced for any follow-up contact. These tickets are reviewed weekly and monthly by College IT staff to look for trends or repetitive issues.
- You now have access to your College Email through Microsoft 365, including a variety of Microsoft Office online apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive (data storage).
- Go to Quick links and select Microsoft 365 to log in
- Your login, username is your bsmcon.edu email address.
- If you have trouble accessing your account contact the 24/7 Support at 804-340-7914 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Software Downloads
Many of the software requirements for online education are available for free, You may be able to find what you need here:
- Adobe® Reader DC® or a more recent version
- Adobe® Flash Player 11.0 or a more recent version
- Java 8.45 or a more recent version
- Microsoft Silverlight
The Office of Student Services assists students with disabilities in obtaining appropriate academic adjustments during the course of their studies at the College of Nursing. If a student believes that he or she may need and wants such an academic adjustment, the student should contact the office of Student Success at (804) 627-5303. The College seeks to comply with all applicable laws, including Section II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and state and local requirements regarding students and applicants with disabilities. The College provides appropriate academic adjustments as necessary to ensure that it does not discriminate on the basis of disability.