Career Services is here to provide valuable services and resources to help you prepare for your nursing career or advance as an RN.
- Interviewing practice
- Resume review
- Employment resources
- Summer externship information
- Individual career advising
- Graduate school research
- Mock interviews and the Senior Interview Day Program
Clinical and Career Preparation
After their sophomore year, students can apply for Patient Care Tech positions in Bon Secours hospitals, giving them experience with basic patient care and allowing them to make future career connections.
Students earn approximately 900 clinical hours during their time in the program, giving them exceptional experience in technical nursing skills.
Students have the opportunity to gain additional hands-on experience under the direction of trained nurses during externships in Bon Secours hospitals between their junior and senior years.
- Each semester, seniors are invited to an interview event to meet with hiring nursing directors to interview for their first nursing jobs.
Career Success at a Glance
- 94% of graduates reported securing employment after graduation in 2018
- 100% of our students passed the NCLEX-RN in 2018
- 10 years after enrollment, nursing graduates have a median salary of $62,200 *
* According to data from the U.S. Department of Education
Allison Peterson, Career Counselor
8550 Magellan Parkway, Suite 1100
Richmond, VA 23227
Telephone: (804) 627-5381
Fax: (804) 627-5330