Career Services is here to provide valuable services and resources to help you prepare for your nursing career or advance as an RN.
Services include interviewing practice, resume review, employment resources, summer externship information, individual career advising, on-campus interviewing, and graduate school research. Mock interviews and the Early Career Decision Program are available to graduating seniors.
A variety of resources are available in Blackboard under "Career Services" including resume samples and job interview videos suited to both the pre-licensure and post-licensure student.
Building on experience in human resources and career services, the Career Counselor offers professional insights to support your career development journey.
Clinical and Career Preparation
- After their sophomore year, students can apply for Patient Care Tech positions in Bon Secours hospitals, giving them experience with basic patient care and allowing them to make future career connections.
- Students earn approximately 900 clinical hours during their time in the program, giving them exceptional experience in technical nursing skills.
- Students have the opportunity to gain additional hands-on experience under the direction of trained nurses during externships in Bon Secours hospitals between their junior and senior years.
- More than 30 nurse managers from Bon Secours came on site twice in 2017 to interview our May and December graduates as part of our Early Career Decision program. Students mingled "career fair" style with leaders, followed by interviews on-site at the hospitals.
Career Success at a Glance
- 98 percent of May and December 2017 graduates were employed after graduation
- 97 percent of our students passed the NCLEX-RN in 2017
- 10 years after enrollment, nursing graduates have a median salary of $62,200 *
* According to data from the U.S. Department of Education
Allison Peterson, Career Counselor
8550 Magellan Parkway, Suite 1100
Richmond, VA 23227
Telephone: (804) 627-5381
Fax: (804) 627-5330