A safe and respectful commencement ceremony honoring our graduates is the goal at graduation. Please read these important ceremony details to ensure a seamless event for everyone attending.
Official academic regalia is required to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- The cap and gown (academic regalia) may not have ornamentation or be altered. The graduation cap must remain all black for the ceremony.
- Cap and gown must be ordered through Herff Jones.
- Caps and gowns will be delivered directly to students.
- The College covers the cost of cap, gown and tassel; students pay only the shipping and handling fee if ordered by the November 4, 2022 deadline.
- Graduates should wear black under the gown (dress, slacks/pants, shoes).
Cords and Stoles
Designated service and academic cords and stoles are awarded to undergraduate students who have participated in service trips, provided service to the College, received Latin Honors, and/or ben inducted into the Nursing Honor Society. Stoles not issued by the College may not have any messaging.
- Latin Honors graduates wear apricot cords. Graduates who have achieved Latin Honors earned a GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Gamma Omega Chapter at Large, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society graduates wear purple and white cords. Membership in the Nursing Honor Society is by invitation and acceptance. Please contact Dr. Arlene Holowaychuk or Ms. Lara Ratliff if you have questions.
- Service graduates are recognized with a royal blue cord. Examples of service include Ambassadors, SGO, Mission Trips, Alternative Spring Break, etc.
- Graduates of the service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega (APO) wear blue and gold cords.
- Graduates who are members of the National Student Nurses' Association (NSNA) wear cords that are silver, light blue and purple. Graduates who are officers of the NSNA wear an official white stole embroidered with the NSNA logo.
Announcements, Frames, College Rings
Graduates who wish to purchase these additional items to commemorate their graduation can do so through Herff Jones.
Pay Tuition Bill, Return Books
Please confirm with the Bursar that your bill is paid in full. All library books must be returned by December 2, 2022.
Once you graduate, your student email will be deactivated. Please update your primary email address as appropriate.