Scholarship Bulletin Board
The Financial Aid Office is periodically contacted by outside parties regarding scholarship opportunities. They will be posted here and updated regularly.
You can also use tools like www.fastweb.com to search for national scholarships. You should always maximize the amount of free money you use to pay for college before borrowing. Keep in mind national scholarships are much more competitive and often times much harder to attain than local scholarships. Even though the awarded amounts on national scholarships may be higher, you most likely have a better chance of getting a scholarship from a local business or organization.
Geraldine “Polly” Bednash Scholarship offered by CastleBranch
- Awards to be granted: 2 awards of $5,000 each four times each year.
- Application Deadlines: January 31, April 30, July 31, and October 31.
- Winners will be announced within one month of each deadline and contacted to redeem the award. Funding is non-recurring and for one semester only.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain at least a 3.2 grade point average in current program or at last school attended.
- Be admitted or enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program at an AACN member institution affiliated with CastleBranch.
Short essay: In 250 words or less, write about your goals and aspirations as they relate to your education, career and future plans. Explain why you are a qualified candidate and should be considered for the scholarship.
Questions should be directed to Cat Proulx at email@example.com. Or visit their website: https://www.aacnnursing.org/Students/Financial-Aid-Scholarships/Geraldine-Polly-Bednash-Scholarship.
Mary Marshall Nursing Scholarship Program
The Virginia Department of Health presents the Mary Marshall Nursing Scholarship Program. This program offers scholarship opportunities in exchange for service in Virginia after graduation.
- Awards to be granted: awards of $2,000 per year up to four years.
- Application Cycle: begins May 1 and closes June 30 of each year.
- Must be a resident of Virginia for at least one year.
- Must be enrolled full or part-time in an approved nurse education program in Virginia.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must demonstrate financial need, verifiable by the financial aid office of the applicant’s nursing school.
- Must complete application and submit other required materials.
For more information and to apply please visit:https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/health-equity/forms-and-applications/
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 864-7435.
The Bon Secours Richmond Health Care Foundation Scholarship
Each spring the Financial Aid Office will email a common application for all scholarships established by the College of Nursing through the Bon Secours Richmond Health Care Foundation Scholarship funds. These scholarships are intended to supplement other sources and may be awarded based on a variety of factors, including donor-directed criteria, academic achievement (merit), demonstrated financial need, leadership, community involvement, career goals, community of residence, and other factors. Scholarship funds do not require repayment and may be awarded for one or more years. The Financial Aid Office uses information provided by the FAFSA to calculate expected family contribution and eligibility for need-based scholarships and awards. Specific requirements for scholarships are provided in the college catalog along with a full list of available scholarships.
This bulletin board is for informational purposes only, BSMCON does not endorse or affiliate with these scholarships.
*NEVER supply bank information when applying for a scholarship.