Welcome to the College Library, located within the Learning Commons. Study and use computers between classes, do library research, or use the print collection of nursing textbooks and study guides. The library staff provides reference service (including access to many electronic databases) and instruction on the most effective use of library resources.
- The loan period for materials is 14 days
- The Librarian's hours are posted outside room 202
- Student Conduct policies apply in the College Library. See ADM 3.05, Academic Integrity section C.1
- Library Policy
- Video on Using The College Library Remotely
- How to Search the BSMCON and SOMI Library Catalog and Check Out Print Books
- In a time crunch after hours? How To Obtain Full-Text Articles on Your Own.
- Have a question or concern?
To reserve Study Room 1 or 2 on a weekday, click here.
To reserve Study Room 3 or 4 on a weekday, click here.
(Signups open 2 weeks before the desired reservation date).
Ms. Metzger has worked in public and academic libraries since 2003. She holds a bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Maryland and a master's degree in information sciences from the University of Tennessee.
Learning Commons (for access to print and digital resources)
Learning Commons Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Books may be checked out for two weeks using the checkout counter at the front of the room, and returned in the return slot located there. Books labeled Reserve may not be checked out, and it is an honor code violation to remove them from the Learning Commons.
The Learning Commons does not have a printer (See the College of Nursing’s student technology requirements and the School of Medical Imaging’s requirements). The library does not provide printing services under any circumstances. In case of home printer malfunctions, the North Park branch of the Henrico Public Library offers public printing, 0.7 miles from the College at 8508 Franconia Rd., Henrico, VA 23227. See printing details.
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. in person and via email, phone and Zoom.